15mar12:00 pm2:00 pmFeaturedAppalachian Farming EventIn-Person12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Date: Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 Time: 12 pm - 2 pm Location: Women’s Business Center of Central Appalachia 221 Chillicothe Street, Portsmouth OH Description: The
Wednesday, March 15th, 2023
12 pm – 2 pm
Women’s Business Center of Central Appalachia
221 Chillicothe Street, Portsmouth OH
The Appalachian Farming Event will address urban agriculture and small farm operations with a focus on providing education about potential seed programs and distribution opportunities.
*Lunch will be provided.
Discussion about seeding featuring the Chinese Chamber of Commerce Ginseng Buyers Initiative and the Gordon Reed Organization.
The Chinese Chamber of Commerce is looking for farmers interested in learning how to grow ginseng to service over 70,000 Chinese restaurants and grocery stores throughout the Midwest corridor.
Discussion about distribution opportunities with Founder and Managing Director, Gina Holland from Redbib and representatives from the Ohio Department of Agriculture – Ohio CAN Program.
Resource Partners On Site
- Ohio State University – Small Business Development Center
- Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Farm Seed Alliance Nonprofit
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Ohio CAN
- Ohio Department of Development -Cincinnati Minority Business Assistance Center – Access to Capital and Certifications
- Central State University cooperative Land Grant Extension
Registration RequiredRegister Now
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm